Nurture & Wellbeing
FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER (FLO)
Hello, my name is Justine Hennessy and I am the Family Liaison Officer at Dunton Green Primary School. I have worked here for many years and have a good relationship with both the children and their families.
My role is to be a point of contact between home and school and support for parents/carers and children if they have any concerns, issues or worries they wish to raise or discuss.
Some of the support I provide is for emotional and health needs, school attendance, behaviour, completing forms, bereavement support, domestic violence support, food bank referrals, Early Help referrals, School Nursing referrals, Fegans referrals as well as referrals to Young Carers.
I have many links with specialist organisations and support services. I work impartially and confidentially in a non-judgemental manner, providing an understanding ‘listening ear’. No question is too big or too small, please just ask!
I can be contacted by either phoning the school office on 01732 462221 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Help - Early Help and Preventative Services - KELSI
We provide a range of services to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of children, young people and families in Kent through our partner organisations.
For example, we can offer support if:
- you are worried about your child's behaviour
- you are struggling to cope
- you are worried about your family finances
- your child is struggling to cope with bereavement
- your child is being bullied
- your child refuses to go to school or college
- you or your child want to develop new friends and have new experiences
- you are having difficulties with family relationships.
DAVSS (Domestic Abuse - www.davss.org.uk
Kent Young Carers - Kent Young Carers(imago.community)
West Kent MIND - https://westkentmind.org.uk
West Kent Youth Services - West Kent youth services | West Kent
Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk/
Sevenoaks Foodbank (Loaves & Fishes, St John the Baptist) - stjtb.com/people-groups/loaves-fishes
Winston’s Wish (bereavement) - Winston's Wish - giving hope to grieving children
Other Resources you may find useful:
- Sunny Smiles
- Emotional Wheel
- Positive Paper Chains
- Grounding Techniques to help during an Anxiety Attack
- 5 Ways to Calm an Anxious Child
- Daily Mindfulness Activities
You Tube Videos - with activities to support your child: